Lip Fillers 101 BLOG
Who doesn’t love a good pout?!Lip fillers is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment to help make your pout look fuller and more youthful. Lip filler are a specially designed type of dermal fillers tailored for the lips.
TYPES OF LIPS FILLERSLip fillers can vary in their thickness. Thin fillers provide a more subtle result and will take the shape of your lip while thicker fillers offer more structure and can change the contour of your lips. Some fillers target lip lines and wrinkles around the mouth, while others add structure and volume. Today’s most popular lip fillers include restylane, Juvederm, Volbella and Versa. Let our certified injectors at Envy help you choose the best pout!
HOW DO LIP FILLERS HELP?
Lip fillers can address several areas of cosmetic concern, including:
• Lip Lines
• Loss of volume
• Achieving contour
HOW LONG DO RESULTS LAST?
Lip filler longevity is based on a combination of the following factors:
• Lip filler brand and type
• Amount of filler used
• Location where filler is placed
• Your natural metabolism
COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
• Swelling is the most common side effect and is most noticeable in the first 24 hours after treatment.
• Bruising at the injection site is another common side effect that will subside within the first 2 weeks.
• Mild discomfort or redness may also occur at the injection site.
AFTER CARE TIPS
The following tips can help minimize bruising and swelling following a lip injection treatment. As always, we recommend patients follow the specific post-treatment instructions provided by our ENVY injectors!
• Avoid makeup and lip products for the first 12-24 hours after your injections
• Use an ice pack to reduce swelling, itching, and pain, ice regularly throughout the first 24 hours
• Elevate your head when sleeping after treatment and avoid strenuous exercise for the first 48 hours
• For best results, avoid pressing firmly on the lips or massaging the lips for at least 1 week